At CPS we provide a comprehensive and customised private histopathology service to the independent and NHS sector. Our independent laboratory is registered with the Care Quality Commission Ref: 1-240465912, UKAS ISO 15189:2012 providing all clinical, technical and administrative aspects of the cellular pathology service.to clients across London and UK wide.
Delivering Exceptional Service For Your Patients
Pivotal to the growing success of CPS is our quick turnaround times (more than 90% of cases in <72 hours), access to our consultant pathologists and the provision of a bespoke, fully managed and quality driven independent histopathology service
Our dedicated account management and pathology training packages take away all of the stress and hassle of moving from one pathology provider to CPS. We integrate our services with your needs, taking the pressure off your team and achieving a seamless transition.
“Working with CPS has been a refreshing change. You get efficient and a highly personalised Histopathology service second to none” – Ray Shidrawi – Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist
Available When You Need Us
Because of our experience over the years, we set up Cellular Pathology Services (CPS) to provide a higher level of service, a more accessible, agile, and more direct service, where for example, we offer every doctor personal contact with our team of consultant pathologists; whenever it is needed.
From ordering consumables to requesting slides for an MDT, our client services team are available Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm to answer and deal with any queries our clients may have. In addition, we also provide an out of hours service for any urgent requests or to discuss a result.
“I would like to quickly mention the excellent service your Company has provided to date. Your courier John is exceptionally well organised and always helpful, making the transition to your service seamless. The Team as a whole are also always on hand for advice and prompt collections” – Tina Dorma | Specialist Nurse | One Stop Doctors
We are here for our clients whenever required; we are there at MDTs, we are available on the phone or in person. We are always available.
Our Histopathology Process
Histopathology is a discipline that involves the examination of tissue removed from patients to determine the presence or absence of abnormalities, to make a tissue diagnosis and assess completeness of excision.
For example, a patient may notice a pigmented lesion, an ulcer or lump in the skin, or find blood in the urine or experience a change in bowel habit. These symptoms will prompt a number of investigations that may or may not involve sending tissue to the histopathology laboratory for analysis, to rule out or confirm cancer or other abnormalities.
When received in the laboratory, these samples will undergo a number of quality-controlled processes that include:
- Confirming that the patient’s ID and the requesting doctor’s ID are on the specimen
- Ensure that samples are made ready as soon as possible for overnight or rapid processing
- Ensure that cutting and staining of microscope slides are of a high standard for presentation to the histopathologist.
- The histopathologist examines these sections and may in some cases request additional technical work, such as special stains or immunohistochemical stains to determine the nature of the abnormality if any exist.
- In breast cancer, hormonal receptors (ER, PR and HER-2) will also be assessed and reported.
- The histopathologist may also discuss the results with your doctor before or after issuing the report, as clinically appropriate. Our histopathologists also participate in a number of multidisciplinary meetings in a number of hospitals to correlate the results with other tests (e.g. x-rays or scans) and to discuss further management of the patient.
CPS monitors turnaround times for histopathology specimens as one of its KPI. Through further discussion, urgent processing of samples is possible.
An Extension Of Your Team
We work across the whole of the UK providing histology services to consultants, independent hospitals and the NHS.
If you want to know how we can enhance your patients’ journey and help meet your targets, then contact our team today at email@example.com or call 01923 233 299.